Kindergarten Class Publishes eBook in the iTunes Bookstore

Our Book!

If you read this post then you know that my kindergarten class wrote a book in collaboration with another kindergarten class in Yokohama, Japan. We created an eBook using Book Creator for the iPad. While I’m not a super fan of this app it was simple to use and got the job done. If you’re a bit intimidated at using iBooks Author and want something that’s easy to use without all the bells and whistles, then Book Creator is your app.

Check out our published book here. If you have the iBooks app (free in the iTunes app store) installed on your iOS device you can download and read the book for free!

Stay tuned as I plan to write a post on what’s involved in publishing a book to the iTunes Bookstore.

About Benjamin J Sheridan

Instructional designer at the University of Kentucky.

15 Responses to Kindergarten Class Publishes eBook in the iTunes Bookstore

1. Vivian says:

Dear Ben

What an incredible project and they’re in Kindergarten! My 8 year old is reading it now. The illustrations are fab. You must be so proud. I look forward to reading the how-to instructions for this. I think it’s a “must-do” project. I love writing and I used to do the “Writer’s Workshop” with my kids. We were constantly making class books. The kids would write their stories out on coloured stationery. We’ve come a long way since those days.

Tell your kids how proud we are of them—all the way from Switzerland.

~Vivian

2. Sorren says:

Hi Ben. I’m following your instructions. I’m looking at your screen shot for exporting to iBook and I don’t have that cloud icon. I have the other 3. So I am not able to export to iBook, only to PDF. I’ve tried redownloading the software on my iPad but it’s just the same. What can I do?

Please reply as I am very eager to follow in your footsteps and put a nice picture book on there.

Sorren

3. Dan Kemp says:

Great book! We love it when schools get involved in publishing. We’ve set up a hall of fame for books made in Book Creator – and we’ve added this one:

4. Hey, yahoo lead me here, keep up good work.

5. Great, this is what I was looking for in google

6. Great, google took me stright here. thanks btw for info. Cheers!

7. 286824 733474I was suggested this blog by way of my cousin. Im no longer positive whether or not this put up is written by him as nobody else realize such detailed about my trouble. Youre fantastic! Thanks! 372282

8. 117000 871167Thank you for writing this tremendous top quality article. The details in this material confirms my point of view and you actually laid it out effectively. I could never have written an article this good. 517735

9. For mac os says:

Thank You for this.

10. h1z1 hack says:

google brought me here. Thanks!

11. Bolide says:

928236 918739Fantastic weblog, Im going to spend far more time reading about this topic 341059

12. You got yourself a new rader.

13. Hi, glad that i found on this in yahoo. Thanks!

14. Good information. Have a good day!